Friday, December 17, 2010

Belated Status Update

Okay, good news and ...so-so news.
Good news - I have acquired a replacement for my broken computer.
So-so news - We're in the middle of the holiday season and I am swamped. I am also currently waiting to learn how much (if anything) can be retrieved off of my old computer. It sounds like everything should be recovered just fine, but I don't know for sure and the individual looking into this is doing it as a favor so real work comes first.

In other words, I am hoping that by the start of the new year I will know for certain if/when I will have my files back. If I won't be getting them back at all, I'll just start working on rebuilding what I had (outlines, jutsu notes, etc.) and get to work on writing new chapters. If I will be getting them back within a reasonable amount of time it means a lot less 'rebuilding' and a lot more work on writing new chapters. So keep an eye out for new stuff sometime in January.

1/1

Sometime this week I should be getting an external hard drive containing what was salvaged off my old computer. It sounds like he was able to save everything but it'll take me a bit to sort through it so I hope to have more solid news for you... next weekend? And hopefully an update for more than one story by the end of January. Thanks for putting up with me this year...it kind of sucked.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! Happy new year and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this year words out better for you, good luck with your external hard drive, look forward to future updates :)

    mm

    ReplyDelete